08 April, 2015

Anyone but Ivy Pocket by Caleb Krisp (after I've read it)

Wow! What can I say? Apart from that Anyone But Ivy Pocket was AMAZING!!!!!! I couldn't put it down when I had started reading Ivy's unbelivable adventures.

It was really clever because throughout the book Caleb Krisp made Ivy keep on saying ' for I have all the natural instincts of a ... '

This book was full of murder and mystery and questions came and went at different times of the story. Here are some of them:

  1. Is Miss Always good or bad?
  2. Who are the Locks controlled by?
  3. Who killed the Duchess of Trinity/why?
  4. Where did Countess Carbunkle go to ?

The basic plot of the story is: Ivy is fired by Countess Carbunkle who has, meanly, left a sum of £1 to Ivy. She has nowhere to go until she is suddenly called by the dying Duchess of Trinity who wants her to deliver one of the most precious and rarest jewels (The Clock Diamond) to Matilda Butterfield. Soon after Ivy sets off on her long journey to England, the Duchess of Trinity is murdered by a mysterious person, and from there on Ivy tries to discover the murderer and on the way, she finds unbelievable secrets from the past...


This book was really enjoyable to read because I really like to read books about mystery. My favourite character was Ivy because she always spoke her mind and was very daring and adventurous. My favourite part was when Ivy healed the grumpy old Lady Elizabeth's headache - it was really funny, you'll have to read it to find out why.  I would recommend this book to girls and maybe boys from 8-11 who like to read murder or mystery stories.

I really hope to hear some more of Ivy's wonderful imagination, bubbly personality and her lies which would be amazing if they were true.

Keep being awesome,
- Ines

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment - they always make my day. But remember, no rude comments which will be deleted immediately.